Operating principle and use
The Loss-in-Weigh Feeder extracts the product from a hopper and according to the fixed flow rate « set point » adjusts the discharged weight by varying the discharges speed to keep constant the loss in weight flow.
The weight of the material in the hopper is measured by a highly accurate weighing platform.
The Loss in Weight feeder can also be used as a batch-type feeder.
The feeder can be made of carbon steel or stainless steel.
The Loss-in Weight feeder is used for continuous and batch weigh feeding of granules, powders, flakes, fibres and also liquids in various industries:
- Food industry: Cereals, biscuits, confectionery, chocolate, pasta, canned food, pet food
- Chemical industry: Detergents, pesticides, fertilizers, minerals, zeolite, oligo-elements,
- Building materials: Gypsum, plaster, starch additive (MnO2, CaCO3…)
- Plastics: Plastics, compound, fibres, talc…
- Pharma/Cosmetics: All applications for dosing of powders and granules
- Nuclear technology : Dosing of chips of glass for nuclear waste coating